Event Division Sales Manager
Location: Denver, Colorado
Salary: Negotiable, Based on Experience
Education: No Specific Education Requirements
Reports To: General Manager & Sales Manager
Experience Required: 2+ years
Short Description: Leadership, Business Development, Sales, Event Management, Customer Service, Operations
Required Skills: Professionalism, Creativity, Vendor Management, Communication, Organization, and Follow-through
Date: May 30th, 2019
We believe in having fun and Unser Karting & Events, (UKE) is built around that core philosophy. We take that fun, mix in some excitement, adrenaline, friendly competition, and do it all in a great atmosphere created to socialize and create lasting memories. Our entertainment oasis is designed for both corporations and friends and family to enjoy.
We’re looking for a leader to manage our Events Division with a sales first mentality which will be a new direction for Unser Karting & Events. This role will oversee all aspects of our highly coveted division tasked with selling and delivering professional and memorable private and corporate events of all sizes. This involves leading several team members responsible for all sales and booking activities, event planning and delivery, working with sales and marketing to increase revenue, and working diligently to improve all aspects of the events team processes and procedures. You will work alongside our leadership team and senior management to ensure our events are safe, memorable, and profitable. You need to bring your excellent communication skills and go-getter personality as well as your knowledge of leadership and operations to this role.
We are looking for a creative thinker, problem solver, and an informed decision maker with the ability to maintain our high standards.
- Lead Event Sales and Delivery team members.
- Ensure events are delivered to the highest standards of safety, enjoyment, and excitement.
- Track team members activities like tips, orders, and sales activities.
- Increase sales and revenue opportunities through team member development and coaching.
- Provide key insights on event sales activities as well as making recommendations for future engagements.
- Ensure all materials used in sales and booking activities are accurate, updated, easy to read and followed by customers.
- Work with the leadership team to educate and engage line staff on important event division goals and objectives including event delivery details, staffing needs, upsell tactics, delivery techniques, etc.
- Manage all event customer issues and complaints.
- Manage set up and execution of special events.
- Participate/collaborate in overall event marketing and sales strategy development and implementation
- Possess the unique ability to think operationally as well as have a sales mentality
What you need for this position:
You must possess a mentality of “doing” rather than “being told” as well as be a(n) team player, role model, leader, creative thinker, problem solver, informed decision maker, all while maintaining UKE’s high standards. Our success as a company is a direct result of our team’s ability to work together to deliver a top-quality product as well as to think outside of the box. We have a strong and cohesive team that gets the job done.
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll have fun. It’s a requirement.
- You’ll be working for an exciting and growing company whose primary goal is to create memorable and enjoyable experiences.
- Collaboratively work to improve our business and our customers’ experience every day.
- We value and take into consideration each Team Member’s input.
- We offer a competitive compensation plan
- Directing the Events Department in a business development direction focus that is new for UKE.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be our new Events Division Sales Manager, please apply today!
You must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
How do you apply:
Drop off or email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume, along with persuasive cover letter explaining why you think you’ve got what it takes to be considered for the position.